Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am a military wife in need of a few different thing.

Customer Question
I am a military...

I am a military wife in need of a few different thing

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No. i don't know who i need to talk to about this i have called the local Jag and left them a message. that was just today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
i need to file for divorce due to my husband committing adultery he has been having a 9+ month affair while I was pregnant and still 2 months later still has not connect with our daughter.
I need to file for 100% custody of both our daughter and our bulldog.
I need to file a restraining order again both of them due to the fact that she has felony assault charges, and has been arrested for child endangerment & child abuse charges. and he as well was arrested for DUI, Child endangerment & child abuse. They are both sever alcoholics.
i am also needing to file a cease and desist order on them both.
I know for a fact that my child and I are not safe without these proper documents in place. They both are capable of anything and everything at this moment. I need to ensure myself and my daughter are protected.
3/11/2018
Military Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help today - what specifically do you need help with as I can only answer one question at a time.

HI Dan,
I need help with everything i have no idea how to go about this whats so ever.

okay - well I can answer one question at a time. After a question is answered you can mark me as a favorite expert and I can continue to answer questions.

What would you like to start with?

for the past 10yrs and 5 months we have lived in san diego California. He is in the Navy (E7) we have been together sine 10/20/2007, married since 7/8/2016, just had our first baby 01/12/2018. I am currently no longer in San Diego due to the lack of stability, adultery, mental, emotional abuse. I had to remove myself and my daughter and dog to ensure we were safe and healthy. I currently live in Florida with my mom. My husband has been having an affair since 05/2017 with a 21 now 22 year old with 2 kids. She is currently also still married. and has a horrible record etc. I am first and for most needing to protect my daughter and her up bring. I want to ensure to file for divorce, 100% custody, with supervised visitaions where he has to blow in to breath lesser to ensure he is not drunk. i want a restraining order placed on here where she will have -100% contact with my daughter and myself. she is not to be associated with my daughter and our life. and then a cease and desist order placed on both of them were they can not speak post on social media etc anything about my daughter, myself and this situation. i want that for both of them. She posts online a lot of slander about her husband and i am not interested in having items posted on social media where my daughter will find one day. Also i do not post my daughter on social media and they are to not as well. The girl he is having the affair with is to have nothing no photos, be around for phone calls etc. be in the state when he is visiting. etc.
Here is a little of what is happening so i am not sure what path is the first one to take.

Okay - first step would be to file for divorce in Florida. I would contact a family law attorney to help you file for divorce. Because of what you have told me about you will be able to file for %100 custody. First step in your road to recovery is filing for divorce and you can do that in Florida and serve your husband with papers via certified mail.

i have only been in florida for 1 week today. Still file in Florida? can the Jag not help me file?

Yes, it is legal to file for Divorce anywhere that you and your child are living. Or the county in which you were married. I do not believe a JAG attorney can help with divorce, but I am not sure.

okay i can't file a restraining oder now again her? and then the cease and desist order
I would like to file for everything a lost at one time.
also the type of visitations i am requesting those are possible right?

I can answer questions about the restraining order on another thread - I'm sorry but I can only answer one question at a time.

Yes they are possible