Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am getting admin separation from Navy Reserve at this

Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am getting admin separation from Navy Reserve at this time, general discharge honorable condition RE-4 Can I use my active duty dd214 Re-1 to reenlist into Army or National Guard? I heard that RE-4 means I'm not eligible to reenlist

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

State

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will discuss more detail with the lawyer I guess.

3/11/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I agree that the RE4 will make it tough. Perhaps not impossible. You would need a waiver.
The largest problem you face is the poor economy. The poor economy has caused a flock of people turning to the military for jobs. Despite the war recruiting is way up in all branches. The need for the services to grant waivers has decreased. For example the Marines recently decreased their maximum age for enlistment. Its tough today to get a waiver.

But you will need one...the military will look to your most RECENT discharge to determine your RE Code.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer