Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I cannot get along with my leadership.. yes I’m new but I…

I cannot get along with...
I cannot get along with my leadership.. yes I’m new but I always take initiative and and it’s obvious I do more than others.. always at the gym and scoring high on PT tests and volunteering for details and my leadership would rather chose favorites based on their personality even if they are lazy.. I’m sick of being treated like shit and I need to know how to obtain a failure to adapt or what would happen if I just said no when they tell me to do push-ups next for no reason.
3/10/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

how do I go about my leadership obviously favoriting everyone else but me (singling me out) or what would happen if I just told him no next time he tells me to do push ups for no reason.. legally what would happen.

Who? Told who no?

Some context would help here...you are asking vague questions...and it is tough to provide helpful answers with no context.

Me. PFC.. has been told to do push upsfor no reason time to time again while others who don’t do anything get treated better.. so if I was to tell an NCO to no to do I push ups what could happen to me legally.
Basically what would happen if I told an NCO no to doing push-ups or some kind of corrective punishment

Thank you

If you refuse to obey a lawful order, you could be prosecuted under Art 29, UCMJ.

Since you are in the military you fall under UCMJ. An order for corrective training is a lawful order...so you could be punished if you refuse to obey the order.

Now...if you believe your NCO is not treating you fairly, you can (and should) report this to your commanding officer (battalion commander)...they have the ability to engage and take steps to correct the matter if you are being treated unfairly

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer