Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was issued a PDQ from the army because they said i had a…

I was issued a...

I was issued a PDQ from the army because they said i had a history of depression. but i dont have depression and have never been diagnosed i also never said i was depressed or have been tested for depression but i was pdq regardless without a chance to get a word in the medical records never even saw a doctor and i never even went to meps to have a doctor check me out is there anything i can do the military has been my dream for my whole life

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

States

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No this was several months ago and i sort of thought all hope is lost but ive recently decided i want to do everything in my power to correct this i got a call from my recruiter shortly after he recieved my Medical Documents and told me it said i had a history of depression which i know is false but he didnt say why they think that i told him it was some sort of mistake and he said they can either pdq me then or send it to a MD but then he called not 5 minutes later to tell me i was pdqed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well they need them in the first place because i had ADD as a child but dont display and symptoms now and as far as i know none of that had an effect on the pdq i had been off any prescription meds for like 3-4 years before this

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im sorry my question is is there anything i can do about at least trying to revert this pdq. i know for a fact i have never had any issues with depression but they pdqed me without running my docs by a doctor or having me be checked out at meps

What do you mean "revert"...are you out now? If so, was the reason for separation the "depression" they claim you had?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was never enlisted i was trying to enlist when this occured i had already taken the asvab and we were working on a date for me to go to meps then they said that my medical documents said i had a history of depression and i was pdqed from all branches. but they never took to to the meps doctors and i never met with a doctor

Thanks
Have you spoken to your recruiter about the possibility of a waiver?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was in talks with getting a waiver for ADD and everything was looking good. i had good school reports, off meds for quite a while and generally had no issues i was told that it looked good for getting a waiver for it. once they told me about the alleged depression all talks were off he didnt make it sound like a waiver was an option

Thanks

There is no way to "reverse" the finding. MEPS is free to have their opinion on this matter.

That said, you can request a waiver...or, rather, you can request to the recruiter that they help you apply for a waiver.

Now...if the condition requires a Service Secretary waiver (I suspect that is what they mean by PDQ) you have an uphill battle.
The largest problem you face is the poor economy. The poor economy has caused a flock of people turning to the military for jobs. Despite the war recruiting is way up in all branches. The need for the services to grant waivers has decreased. For example the Marines recently decreased their maximum age for enlistment. Its tough today to get a waiver, especially at Service Secretary level.

But you can certainly make the request.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you for the help i guess i can try or wait for this whole korea thing to blow up no pun intended

Yep...that is true...if we go to war? You will be able to get a waiver...

Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer