Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

As a reservist, I’m about to be put on bcp for the 3 time. I…

Customer Question
As a reservist, I’m...

As a reservist, I’m about to be put on bcp for the 3 time. I have a first class pft and cft but if I don’t make tape in 6 months and they sep me, what kind of discharge is it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

It’s the usual bs “well just don’t be on it” I’ve yet to get a straight answer bc no one legitimately knows

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I work hard and am not a shit bird

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/9/2018
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. The characterization of your discharge could be either an Honorable or a General under Honorable Conditions. Which one it is depends on the criteria set out in subparagraph 6215 at the following link: http://www.29palms.marines.mil/Portals/56/Docs/SJA/MARCORSEPMAN.pdf

You might also want to review the instruction that relates to the Body Composition and Military Appearance standards and procedures. That, you can see at the following link: http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCO%206110.3A.pdf?ver=2017-01-04-071352-610

After you have reviewed both instructions if you still have questions, please ask. If no further assistance is needed, then if you could reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.