Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have a DD214 and I was told that I don't have any

Customer Question
I have a DD214...

I have a DD214 and I was told that I don't have any benefits.....what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Discharged since 1992

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I visited Ohio VA and was informed that I don't have an benefits.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
3/9/2018
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, however, I am unclear about what your legal question is? What do you mean what should you do? The VA has made a determination of eligibility, correct? Did they tell you why you were ineligible? Can you tell me how long you served on active-duty, what your discharge characterization was, what your Separation Code (3 letters was), and what the narrative reason on your DD-214 says the reason was for your discharge?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer