Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was discharged in basic on a Entry Level separation in…

Customer Question
I was discharged in...

I was discharged in basic on a Entry Level separation in 1987-1988 but my DD214 was lost in a flood of my house in 2006. How can I obtain it ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside. Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No . I never planned on using my benefits but I ha

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been asked to become An American Legionaire and my Employer would like to use my military status for their paperwork

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/8/2018
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. (The system will automatically generate a phone call request to you. Unless I specifically state, during our discussion, that a phone call is possible, I intend to just use this chat format as I am not in a position to accept a phone call).

You would need to obtain your records from the national archives. You can submit a request online.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.