Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I believe that I need to find a prosecutor to represent me.

I believe that I...

I believe that I need to find a prosecutor to represent me. How should I do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

CONUS

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Oh yes, many times.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've consulted over 20 people and/or governmental bodies about this. I'm trying to expose my immediate supervisor for all his crap, and he's trying to fire me before I can.

3/8/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, are you in the military?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great, thank you! I'm active duty in the USPHS Commissioned Corps. I've only just recently learned that this might be the worst place to be - it seems as though I have almost no rights, the chain of command is unclear and only providing resistance at best, ***** ***** don't "qualify" as regular military or fall under USMJ? I don't know how to handle this....
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This conflict with my immediate supervisor, CAPT Dean Goroski, is now (finally) under investigation. I started processes to try to expose his sexual discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, gross mismanagement, abuse of authority, misappropriation of government funds, and prohibited personnel practices back in November 2017 via various governmental bodies/authorities including EEO, OSC, OIG, OCR, MSPB, PIES, EAP, etc.

Thank you

Tell me, what is the reason for this treatment? Why are they treating you this way?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To date, these are the responses I've received: EAP, PIES and OSC have essentially written me off and/or "don't have jurisdiction". I haven't yet heard anything from OCR or OIG. I have a current formal complaint ongoing with EEO, but apparently that "may be dismissed" if/when I separate from the Corps - which is what seems like the most logical thing to do. I have an open initial appeal with MSPB, but the agency representative has submitted his paperwork and asked for a motion to dismiss the case based on the fact that I don't meet the definitions of "employee".
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Meanwhile, my supervisor has petitioned to refer me to an Involuntary Termination Board, and I've been given an off-the-record head's up that there may be a referral to a Board of Inquiry heading my way very soon as well.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Today is the deadline for me to have any and all paperwork submitted to MSPB, and I apparently need help with that. I thought I could do this on my own, but I guess I'm wrong. I need help!

But why are they doing this? Is it because of your race? Your gender? Some other protected status?

How bout this...can you speak on the phone? I can offer a call for a nominal additional cost ($5)...but I am tied up for the next half hour or so...so have to schedule after that.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, sure, I can do another $5.

Can we set a call for, say, 15 mins past the hour? (so in 45 mins)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure, sounds good.

I sent my #, please call then (or let me know if you can not see my #)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it. Will do.

:)

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer