Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET MY RETIREMENT FROM THE ALABAMA…

Customer Question
I NEED TO FIND...

I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET MY RETIREMENT FROM THE ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD. I HAVE 34 YEARS OF SERVICE TIME WITH PART OF THAT BEING ON ACTIVE DUTY. I AM A DISABLED VETEREN WITH A 100% RATING. I AM 61 YEARS OF AGE.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

ALABAMA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I HAVE TALKED TO EVERYONE I CAN GET A NUMBER FOR. I WAS ON MEDICAL HOLD WHEN MY UNIT WAS DISBANDED AND HAVE NO POINT OF CONTACT FROM THE UNIT.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I DON'T KNOW OF ANYTHING.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
3/8/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hopefully so.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have $59 to spend at this time. I didn't know this would cost anything.

I hope so as well...I am not sure I understand your question....there is a cost to this. I can offer a phone call for less than $59 if that is your goal...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this seems like all of the other dead ends that I have been down. I was told told by the office of retirement in Montgomery, Alabama to go to HRC Army and fill out a form that would be transmitted to the office of retirement pay. that is what I thought I was signing into, There was no mention of any cost for anything.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for your time.

This is NOT HRC. I am happy to chat with you about this if you like, but I am not an Army employee. I am an attorney with experience in this area.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then I will look farther. HRC Army is what I wrote in the search bar. Hopefully I won't need a lawyer. No further contact will be needed.

i understand

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer