Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My dd-214 says ELS for fraudulent entry into military. It…

My dd-214 says ELS for...
My dd-214 says ELS for fraudulent entry into military. It was medical, asthma. But doesn’t state that on the dd-214. Applying for pistol permit. Wasn’t sure if this was going to be an issue?
3/7/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Are you referring to concealed carry?

Thanks
It is something that the state will consider. But, frankly speaking, in my experience, it is not going to be an issue. At all.

An ELS is a "neutral" discharge. Not good (like an honorable discharge)...but not bad either.

So even with the "fraudulent entry" language, I doubt it will impact concealed carry. In my experience it will not

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you! I wasn’t sure if I needed t provide my dd-214 because I was in for such a short period of time. But with that being said, if they ask specifically for it, supply it even though i wasn’t in for more than a month?

Yes...do...and do not worry....you will not be denied concealed carry for an ELS

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer