Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am currently in the process of being medicaly separated…

Customer Question
Hello I am currently...

Hello I am currently in the process of being medicaly separated and they are trying to admin separate me for bcp which one trumps and why?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/6/2018
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. (The system will automatically generate a phone call request to you. Unless I specifically state, during our discussion, that a phone call is possible, I intend to just use this chat format as I am not in a position to accept a phone call).

One does not trump the other. There is no rule that the command must do one first, before the other. However, in situations like this, where there are two potential reasons for a separation, command has to consider whether or not the medical issue caused the BCP issue to arise. Often then, the separations are set up in a dual fashion, so that a higher level can consider both options and decide which to give.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.