Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

We were told that veterans that served in 1955-1959 were…

Customer Question
We were told...

We were told that veterans that served in 1955-1959 were legible for about 1200 a mo more on their ss ck.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know. we were told that we had to file a Dd214

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We were told that we would have to ask for it,

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What are you referring to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was told that any one in service, active duty, who was in during the 1957 -2001 were untitled to an increase in their SS benefits. up to $1200 a month but we needed a Dd214 ,which my husband. Also no one was going to tell unless you asked. I find this hard to believe but it doesn't cos anything to check it out

Ahh...thank you. I know what you are referring to...just a moment, I will type up an answer

THank you for your patience

It is true that there are additional benefits available for active duty service. For every $300 in active duty basic pay, you are credited with an additional $100 in earnings up to a maximum of $1,200 a year. This for the years 1957-2002.

You do not need to apply separately...when you apply for SS benefits for the first time, the SS office will add these amounts in

This website provides an explanation (the website is from the SSA): https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/military.html

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer