Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am state side; just retired from the Corps 2 years ago…

Customer Question
I am state side...

I am state side; just retired from the Corps 2 years ago this June.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I am retired but as a defense contractor I spoke to my company's security officer, HR, and President.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am trying to answer SF-86 questions, in particular, the question about disciplinary action. The e-QIP PSQ was initiated as a result of an incident where I was working with the government for my employer. I was relieved of my position as a result of the incident. The government requested my employer file an incident report. My employer declined but the government filed the incident themselves. My employer had to release me as a result of the incident but carries me on their roles for future positions. My former employer's security offer is working with me and DoDCAF to clear the incident on JPAS using e-QIP system.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/6/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Sorry that was background info. Question is how do I answer an eqip disciplinary question? The incident dealt with an IDIQ contract which my previous employer serviced for the government, which the government was planning to recompete as a result of a CURE unbeknownst to my previous employer.

Just disclose it. The one thing that you should NEVER do on the SF86 is fail to disclose...if they catch you not disclosing, they will pull your clearance for good...as well, there are criminal sanctions available for non disclosure.

So disclose the information the SF86.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Phillip I knew about disclosure. Please allow me to rephrase the question. Are IDIQ contracts privileged information or are they transparent?

In relation to whom? To DONCAF/DODCAF?

GSA

Wait...GSA is the agency that manages all federal contracts (or at least the vast majority)....you want to know if GSA can view this particular contract? And how does that relate to DONCAF/DODCAF (the folks that review the SF86)?

If GSA considers IDIQ contracts privilege information then DoNCAF will consider the spillage of contract information an incident. Hence, my question about IDIQ contracts being privileged or transparent.

Ahh...thanks. And sorry for the confusion. I do not know the GSA policy on this. Sorry...I understand what an IDIQ contract is...but I do not know if there is a GSA policy that considers the details privileged. I suspect they do ... but I do not have the policy in front of me and am not sure I can find it in a timely manner.

I am going to "opt out" to open this up to other experts here...someone may be familiar with this.

Semper Fi Marine

Semper Fi and thanks