Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I am trying to correct retired pay grade. Louisiana. I

I am trying to...

I am trying to correct retired pay grade.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I retired as a reserve, Navy, placed on retired without pay in 2008. Began receiving pay in Nov 2015 as a PO-1, was an E-7 in the USMC for almost 3 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

1/19/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the Naval Board of Corrections the correct way to go about this. I have been unsuccessful in trying to contact DFAS and others on the correct way. I was advised to go to the NBC by VA Rep at a seminar I attended.

Thank you
Yes...the BCNR IS the authority on this...you need to file the request to correct the record with this form

http://www.afpc.af.mil/Portals/70/documents/Home/AFBCMR/DD%20Form%20149.pdf?ver=2016-12-15-120123-183

If you can show that your record is in error? BCNR will correct it

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Semper Fi Marine

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer