Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Military Discharge still pending... stateside, I've been out…

Customer Question
Military Discharge still pending... ...

Military Discharge still pending...

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside, I've been out for over 5 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes... I received my USNR retirement notice in 2010. Rather than submitted request for retirement I then went to another command on HYT. I had a bad year and I was admin discharged. I was advised by my NOSC in San Diego I could still retire. I have submitted several letters but the NAVPER in Memphis denies. I had 20 good years with letter in hand. Can you help me retire with honor?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was one of 6 navy divers to fly a atmosphere suit to 2000' in 2006. We set a set a one man submersible world record! I'd respectfully ***** ***** retire with honor

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
1/15/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Some context may help...did you submit to retire as a reservist? IF so what was the result?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I submitted my request to retire 2 times. Each time i was denied because i had a bad reserve year
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks. Bye

No thanks what? How can you retire if you do not have 20 good years??

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer