Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was convicted of Adulty. Can I purchase a firearm? This…

Customer Question
I was convicted of...

I was convicted of Adulty. Can I purchase a firearm?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

This was 18 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oklahoma

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
1/9/2018
Military Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Loren, Attorney

You are asking if an Adultery conviction will affect you rights to purchase a firearm?

No

Thank you for the clarification.

No, an adultery conviction will not affect gun rights. It is not domestic violence or other violent felony. So, it does not affect gun rights.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Can u answer my question

Can you see my answer?

This is what I posted above:

No, an adultery conviction will not affect gun rights. It is not domestic violence or other violent felony. So, it does not affect gun rights

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney