Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am considering not showing up to any more UTA's at my Air…

Customer Question
I am considering not...

I am considering not showing up to any more UTA's at my Air Force Reserve component. I'd like some advice and some clarification on what could happen if I do so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I talked to my supervisor about possibly going IRR

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
1/9/2018
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post. If you were to miss 11 UTA's, then your Unit could process you for administrative separation. This assumes that you aren't in the Reserves as an extension of a commitment to AD Army. In other words, it assumes that you didn't sign an agreement that said you could be recalled to AD if you violated the Reserve contract. In that case, the AF could theoretically recall you to AD. However, that really isn't likely.

So, please note that I said "could." No one, but your Command can tell you what "will" happen. However, under the regs, separation is allowed and that is usually what occurs.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you