Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am being asked if I have been subject to court martial or…

Customer Question
I am being asked...

I am being asked if I have been subject to court martial or other disciplinary procedure under UCMJ such as article 15, or article 135. I had to go to XOI 3 yrs ago because I missed the BCA weigh in because I misunderstood and thought I was waived. No adverse administrative action was taken at all. Do I have to answer yes to this question?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed?

No page 13. an unofficial letter of counseling is all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all, thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Military Law
1/8/2018
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Can you please tell me for what purposes is this question being asked? By an employer, security questionnaire, or what? Be specific as to the type of employer and what the procedure is that you are going through?

e-quip security clearance. Thank you.

Thanks, ***** ***** don't know what e-quip is. Is that a company and, if so, is this an FBI background check with fingerprints for a security clearance? Also, what is the very specific question, word for word on the form you were given to complete?