Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have a question reguarding asthma. I never disclosed my…

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question reguarding asthma. I never disclosed my asthma at MEP’s which wasn’t smart of my part. I have completed boot camp and MCT. At boot camp I endured some difficulties with my asthma and it progressed at MCT. I’m now at mOS school and am starting to get concerned about my asthma. Im just worried that if I talk to medical about my chest tightness and breathing issues which I would like to to fix it that I will get in trouble. Worst sinario if they were to find out I had asthma what would than happen to me beings I never disclosed it at MEPS? Also I have been treated for asthma past my 13th birthday and have one proscribed enhaler which is albuteral. Could I be facing a possible discharge?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
1/6/2018
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

The worst case is the you'd be court martialed for making a false official statement fraudulent enlistment. Now, that is not typical. What is typical though is an administrative separation from the military, which is almost a certainty.

So yes, you would absolutely be facing discharge, which could be accompanied by an Article 15.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

I saw that you opened the exact same question, without asking any follow-up questions here.

I closed it as a duplicate question, which is JA policy. If you have other questions, please address those with me here.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.