Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am 18 and have been in the national guard for over a year…

Customer Question
I am 18 and have...
I am 18 and have been in the national guard for over a year now. I have already completed basic but not AIT. Now that I've been in awhile I've decided with 100% certainly this is not what I want to do with my life. Also, I joined under false information. I was on the fence about joining and my recruiter knew that, so he told me some false information that has effected my life greatly in a negative way. What are my options to get out?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
1/6/2018
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. Did you sign a contract and if so, how long is your commitment for? What is the alleged false information you refer to? Are you active or drilling guard?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer