Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am currently in AIT for the Army. I feel the need for a…

Customer Question
Hello. So I am...

Hello. So I am currently in AIT for the Army. I feel the need for a medical discharge due to the fact that I struggle with depression and anxiety. I have not been officially diagnosed however I did not disclose many facts about my medical history; some of which include evaluation holds at psychiatric clinics/centers, where several scars originated from, history of visiting counselours, and a specific diagnosed condition. I did not disclose this certain diagnosis because I have yet to see any documentation on it regardless of how much I have requested it from my adopted parents. Is there a way I could get a medical discharge and still be able to rejoin into the national guard later on without repurcussions?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I am currently in Texas at AIT

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No I wasn't sure on how to go about it or if there would be any repurcussions.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
1/3/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You want to know if you are discharged medically if you can reenter?

Pretty much and if there would be any repurcussions due to nondisclosure.

Wait...what do you mean non disclosure...are you intending to admit you lied to get in?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer