Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I have been getting the run around from military and

Customer Question
civilian mental health providers at...
I have been getting the run around from military and civilian mental health providers at my MTF. They refuse to diagnosis me with PTSD. I received a second opinion from a civilian mental health provider and they said I definitely had PTSD. I submitted the diagnosis to my primary care military (PCM) provider, who also believes I have PTSD. My PCM submitted a limited duty (LIMDU) to receive treatment for PTSD so I could get myself back on track. The Head of behavioral health stopped my LIMDU and asked that I receive another assessment from a third mental health provider. This seems very strange to me and I have a suspicion that they are trying to deny my PTSD claim. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
1/3/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Some context may help...can you provide some? What do you mean "deny your ptsd claim"?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My limited duty request was denied until I received further evaluation by another mental health provider. The limited duty submitted by my military primary care provider was based on my diagnosis of PTSD. I am not receiving proper treatment from the military or given time to recover. Is it legal for them to stop my Limited Duty. I requested an MEB but I have gotten no traction. The LIMDU is the first step but I have been fighting this for a year and half. I need legal help on what my rights are and how I can stop these delay tactics.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let's talk in person if that works better.

Sorry...what do mean in person?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I mean over the phone. Would that be better? I just need some help figuring this out. Do you know a lawyer that handles military medical issues?

That would be better...it shows that the payment failed...you can contact customer service at 1(###) ###-####and they can correct.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer