Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I threw my back out a while back and we are pretty sure I…

Customer Question
I threw my back...

I threw my back out a while back and we are pretty sure I blew my disk it is extremely hard for me to do anything with out pain I need to get to a meb

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Ive been going to physical therapist appointments but it is not getting better

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
1/2/2018
Military Lawyer: Taylor, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney

hi, my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help! what is your specific question that you want answered?

I don’t know how to get my doctor to set up a MEB for me and i don’t know what they would need from me to show I need to be discharged

alright so this is service connected?

it happened in a training in basic

ok thanks. unfortunately the decision to get referred to the MEB is something that is up to your treating doctors. have you asked your doctor what their suggestion is and/or why they wont refer you to the MEB?

He wants me to keep going to physical therapy but nothing is working I’ve been on a profile for a month now and I can’t preform any of my duties

ultimately it is up to your doctors to make these medical decisions and its really nothing you can push along or change unfortunately. if it has only been a month, PT can take many months to see results. do you have any further question for me at this time?

do you have any further questions i can help with at this time?

would appreciate a positive rating once youre satisfied. i believe i adequately answered your questions and this does NOT cost anything further to rate me! thanks

Taylor
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney