Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I want to get out of USMC Reserves. How do I do that?

Customer Question
I want to get...

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I found that the reserves are just a waste of time and that I want to continue with college education. I haven't talked to the chain of command as I found out that they simply don't care.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No and I'm okay with discharge "other"

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
1/2/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Marine, I am sorry for this dilemma...but unsure of your specific question...you ask "how can I get out of the reserves"...what does that mean? Are you under the impression that there is some secrete method you can use to walk away from your contract ?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer