Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I will be 65 in 2018 and am a retiree widow not collecting…

Customer Question
I will be 65...

I will be 65 in 2018 and am a retiree widow not collecting SBP monies. I have Tricare Prime and believe I will have Tricare for life after 65. Will I lose that if I remarry after my 65th birthday?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/31/2017
Military Lawyer: rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team replied 7 months ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Explain to me exactly what pension you get here and whether the insurance is through that or medicare or what, some more information.SBP--what does that stand for.Thanks want to understand and help you today.