Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I recently took a polygraph and passed. They want me to take…

Customer Question
I recently took a...

I recently took a polygraph and passed. They want me to take another one because they want to for no reason on the same issue. Should I do it or is one good with a passed result?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just a polygraph

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am currently under investigation by the military for sexual harassment. I took a polygraph and passed. Turned over all documents and they do not have any evidence of me sexually harassing the accuser. They have text messages that do not have any evidence of harassment or pictures. I passed a polygraph and the people who are investing me are not happy that I passed what should I do

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
12/29/2017
Military Lawyer: rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team replied 1 month ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I sure would consider skipping the second test.You have been more than fair here and they might rig the second one or otherwise use it against you.I wonder why they would otherwise want to do this.I am not a big fan of polygraph tests.But you decide here its your decision.I don't see how they could prosecute you as this stands now.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think they want to do it to try and get more closure or try to make me incriminate myself? I’m in the navy and there are no charges and I haven’t been charged because they do not have any evidence. I do not know why but they do want to change the question for the second test and have the examiner give it to me again. I’m afraid if I do not take it they will think I have something to hide since I won’t take it. They gave me the first one and I passed but my career is in jeapoardy and in the navy you are guilty until proven innocent.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s up to my commanding offficer to decide what happens and someone told me to just have enough stuff to clear my name which I have already done

I know its a tough decision.If you think you can pass maybe you go on and take it.I understand they don't have anything and maybe you save your career this way.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I don’t take it and they still try to hurt my career and there is still no evidence should I request a court martial even if there are no charges?

I would consider taking it here the second polygraph to close this out.I don't see they have anything.A court martial would not be warranted here at all.If you pass here this will go away I hope.

rayanswers
rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team