Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

How does one go about trying to qualify to go to OCS?

Customer Question
How does one go...

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm in law school and I'm thinking of being a lawyer in the Marines

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
12/28/2017
Military Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience, including experience with the DoD. It just so happens that my son is a Marine, so I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

OCS is an intensive training and evaluation program designed to instill leadership skills in the Marine Corps mold.

Your first step is to speak with recruiter for the Officer programs. See:

http://www.mcrc.marines.mil/Marine-Officer/Officer-Programs/

Also you want to start on the application process:

http://officer.marines.com/docs/oso/app_forms/Application-20pgs.pdf

Here is detailed information about the process and the physical and other requirements:

http://www.trngcmd.marines.mil/Units/Northeast/Officer-Candidates-School/

Lastly, you want to seek out someone who has already gone through the process and can give you an idea of the rigors of the program. I can tell you from watching my son go through it, it is extremely demanding, mentally and physically. But it is also highly rewarding.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer