Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Ive been in the air force for close to 6 years and will be…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hello,sir or ma'am...
Second opinion] Hello,sir or ma'am! Ive been in the air force for close to 6 years and will be ending my contract in 2 months. Ive been suffering from mental health issues to include depression, memory loss, anxiety, and suicidal ideation. My question is should I leave the af and "fight" with the VA, or should I extend and go through the medical process? I also understand that my mental health is the priority and the best interest of the af comes second.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean "fight" the VA??

Just dealing with the process.

OK...but I am not sure I understand the context? Why would you not go through the process?