Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Can DFAS garnish my CRSC for payment of unpaid SBP preminum.

Customer Question
Can DFAS garnish my...

Can DFAS garnish my CRSC for payment of unpaid SBP preminum

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Ststeside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My debt for unpaid preminum is over $25000.00 and my CRSC monthly income is %1800.00

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/25/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Wait...how is it you have unpaid SBP??

I don't want to pay for SBP when my survivor would not receive it because she would get DIC from the VA as it would be the
larger amount and the law is that they can not receive both

Umm...OK...

I understand you do not want to pay for sbp...but I am not sure you have a choice here...

Again, why is there an unpaid premium?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer