Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I'm a CW2 most recently passed over twice for Promotion and…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm a CW2...

Hi, I'm a CW2 most recently passed over twice for Promotion and not considered for SELCON. Is there any way I'd ever be able to come back into the Army as a CW2? I only had 16 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Statesode Stateside*

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

They are clueless about options and I don't really trust anyone in my CoC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it... There was a GOMOR in my fiche, I applied to the DASEB to have it moved into my restricted section but am still waiting for response. I fear it doesn't matter...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 2 days by:
12/25/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

With up or out separations, they include a bar to reenlistment in their RE code. You wouldn't be able to come back into the service without some special program intended to increase the number of available members. There is no program like that right now, but there have been in the past when we've needed to increase numbers quickly, so I just can't say "no, never" and be accurate.

That being said, it's not very likely in the present climate.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer