Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Its not a law question but i have registered for fiancee and…

Customer Question
Its not a law...

Its not a law question but i have registered for fiancee and next of kin and was givin a contact person and how can i check to see if this real or a false person

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Overseas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Only by email

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/19/2017
Military Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Is this regarding US immigration?

I just want to know 1if there is a fee to register for next of kinand 2 if the person im sending my money to is associated with the base

which base? Is this regarding a US military base?

Fort bliss
But the money go to an agent in pennsylvania
Apparently today is the cut off for these applications.I want to do it i love him but im a realist and like to know everything
Im in need of an answere before its to late

I am still not clear on what the question is.

If this is regarding a military base or a US service member claiming they need money that is a red flag.

For example, here is an FTC warning about military photos being stolen and used in scam; please see:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2015/07/faking-it-scammers-tricks-steal-your-heart-and-money

This explains the warning signs of scams.

A fiance is not next of kin based on US law; that requires either a blood relation, a relationship through marriage or through adoption.
So if a miltary base is asking for funds that is not likely to be legitimate because a fiance is not next of kin.

As for next of kin issues, there is no charge to list a beneficiary.

Similarly the military would not use an agent for financial transactions.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: