Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If my husband is conviced of a crime and goes to prison will…

Customer Question
If my husband is...

If my husband is conviced of a crime and goes to prison will our benefits and income be canceled he retired army 30yrs

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

State

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/17/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Is the conviction in state or federal court?

State

Thank you

Military retirees are dropped from retirement rolls only when convicted for national security violations according to the Hiss Act, as amended in 1961. Therefore, retirement pay will continue, even if he is incarcerated.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer