Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Recently igot a message that my husband having sex with this…

Customer Question
Hi Recently igot a message that...
Hi
Recently igot a message that my husband having sex with this girl and i told him about the message said it was false. And i told him to report it to his higher up and he did so after how many days and did investigation someone is accusing him of adultery and make a statement about him should we get a lawayer if its a false accusation?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
Not everything that he said said all lies and they believe the girl statement without hard proof and all facts
12/16/2017
Military Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. If it is not true, then the accusation if said could be considered slander. If written down, then it would be libel. If this is affecting his work (i.e., chances of promotion, raises), then there could be a strong damage claim. If it is affected his reputation, there could still be a damage claim, but it is harder to prove.

If you have further questions or need clarification, just let me know.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions or if you want to continue to discuss, just let me know.

Its really affecting his work . His on deployment and got send back to other place and he about to get cap master. He just recently told me that this girl kiss him and after that event he avoided her and thats when that message pop out from my facebook acc with fake account.. apparently his roommate(in deployment) make a statement against him and make situation more worst. But everything he told his roommate was just a joke and seems like he believe it.

Well, if these false allegations are affecting his work status, then he could have a damage claim against the person who is saying or writing down the false allegations as if they were true.

We can continue to discuss if you want to do so.

How is he gonna prove it that its false allegations and the accuser is a local were he got deploy at .so everything he said something they dont believe him now his going to xoi.

It's based on each party's testimony and witnesses, if any as well as any facts of the surrounding circumstances. It would actually be the person spreading the false accusation that has to show that it is true because the truth is a defense to a defamation claim. So, she would have to show it is true.

If you want to discuss more, just let me know.