Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

How do investigations last? Stateside

Customer Question
How long do CID...

How long do CID investigations last?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/16/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
This depends. Can you provide some context?
how long do CID investigations usually take? I have my holiday block leave on december 20th and i was flagged for the investigation so I cant take leave now, Im sure they started the investigation atleast 2 weeks ago and they called me in this tuesday to question me on why i tested posiitve for oxycodone on my urinalysis.
I had my wisdom teeth removed and was perscribed hydrocodone for the pain, I had my wisdom teeth removed november 20th on the week of thanksgiving so I ate more than usuall. I didnt feel much pain because I was on the hydrocodone but I didnt realize that I made my condition worse. when i ran out of the medication I asked a battle buddy for some of his pain killers that was perscribed to him due to his surgery on his hernia, the drug was oxycodone. he only gave me one pill and the next morning came the urinalysis, I really dont want to lose my block leave, Ive had my yearly dose of the army and I want to come home for the holidays. how long will this investigation take? is there anything i can do to get my leave back?
I already discussed everything ive disclosed to you with CID this tuesday. I was told that i can still go on my holiday block leave on wednesday if they finish the investigation before the 19th. what are the possibilities of them finishing in time for my hbl?
I was in a lot of pain when I ran out of the medication, thats the only reason I have to justify why I took the drug that wasnt prescribed to me. whats going to happen to me and my battle buddy?
What you’re describing is a crime; that is, it’s a violation of military Law for you to take a battle buddies drugs. So your question regarding all of this is simply how long will it take for CID to deduce that you’re in violation of military law?
im asking how long this investigation will take. I know that I committed a crime and Im going to take responsibility for it, but would it be possible for me to go home for the holidays during the investigation?
Thank you. Based on my experience, these types of investigations typically last a month or so. What you have described, because you have admitted to a crime, I would expect that your command will take some disciplinary action. For example, they could deny your holiday leave.Bot***** *****ne; these types of investigations typically last only a month or so. So I would expect your investigation to wrap up shortly.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer