Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If I sell some cattle to someone he loads them up and leaves…

Customer Question
If I sell some...

If I sell some cattle to someone he loads them up and leaves and pays half with the promise of paying the otherhalf by a certain date and then does not is that civil or criminal act or both

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The state is virginia

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/14/2017
Military Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. It could be both. I say this because it would certainly be civil, as there was an agreement to pay X and they only paid Y and as a result, owe you the balance. As far as criminal charges, it is possible but there would need to be some evidence or intent shown, that they tried to deceive you and never had any intention to pay. It is possible that they were not able to come up with the money or lost the money or something happened that prevented them from paying but they should speak with you and advise of the same. You could go to the police and file a report and see if they will get involved.

I know all this since it is common sense.What i need to knowis do animals such as cattle and horse come under a specific law beyond the usual interpretion ? yes or no

They are property. That is how it would be viewed.

§ 18.2-97

Larceny of certain animals and poultry

Any person who shall be guilty of the larceny of a dog, horse, pony, mule, cow, steer, bull or calf shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony; and any person who shall be guilty of the larceny of any poultry of the value of $ 5 dollars or more, but of the value of less than $ 200, or of a sheep, lamb, swine, or goat, of the value of less than $ 200, shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

It was supposed to be $ 5 not $59
I do not agree to your increased charge and will block any attempt to charge more than $5. You are worse than the cattle thief !

Customer service can assist as I do not have access to that information and am a user like yourself. Please contact them.

You have just helped your self to 42 dollars on my card , without prior agreement. I have instructed my card company not to make payment.

Customer service would be happy to assist. Please contact them.

Rubbish

I am sorry you feel that way but if you contact them, they will be happy to help. Thank you

Who are you ?
Are you practicing law with or without a license
If with you license number please ?
You told me to contact customer service but gave me no number.
What is the phone number and the name of the law firm please ?
Your early reply would be much appreciated.
Thank you
***** *****
Please send me the name of your
Firm and your customer service
Phone number immediately with out delay. This means now.
Your sincerely
***** *****