Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I recently took a drug test on the 2nd of December during my…

Customer Question
I recently took a...

I recently took a drug test on the 2nd of December during my drill. I had smoked for the first time in my life on the 24 of November. I havent gotten a call about my results and its been almost 2 weeks now. should I be worried? even though that same day I took a home test which gave me a negative for THC ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No. not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm just trying to get an answer if that's okay

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/13/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Home tests are not generally as accurate as the military level testing. You are right at the window of detection. It can take some weeks before the command is given the confirmation test results. Military testing is in two phases, an initial test and then a more accurate confirmation test which rules out false positives.

Because of the time frames here, and with a drilling unit situation, it can sometimes be the next drill or even the one after that before you are given notice of a failed test.

I wouldn't feel completely safe until then.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

i should be worried even if i am not a regular smoker?
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer