Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My son is a first year full scholarship ROTC cadet who just…

Customer Question
My son is a...

My son is a first year full scholarship ROTC cadet who just completed his first semester with good grades and a bump in rank. He was split option so he already has completed basic training. He was arrested a couple of night ago for a Minor in possession and for fighting (other participant was 19 or 20 and a Marine Corpsman) What are the chances of my son losing his scholarship?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

We will after court today when he will plead not guilty. Because we are in a rural area court is not held daily and I declined to post bail for him. We will notify his CO immediately after court I have hired an attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No priors, not even a parking ticket. High performing candidate.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/13/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, what is going to happen with the charges? Is he taking a plea deal?