Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Is possessing steroids on deployment punishable with jail…

Customer Question
Is possessing steroids on deployment...
Is possessing steroids on deployment punishable with jail time or being sent home? Army guy here
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/12/2017
Military Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Michael Bradley

I am assuming that they were not prescribed?

No

i would being caught with illegal steroids opens you up to both a criminal prosecution or a dishonorable

if you have them I would dispose of them

they can cause a lot more bad than good

What is most likely to happen if I got caught with them red handed.. chapter out of the army or jail time.. or both..?

depending on the amount that the person was carrying would lead to the charge

also the person's past incident history would also be an issue

they could be given a diversionary program

it would be realistic that it would lead to chapter out

jail time probably not realistic depending on the amount

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer