Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am currently in AIT and I got pregnant over con-leave

Customer Question
because of stress fracture injuries...
I am currently in AIT and I got pregnant over con-leave because of stress fracture injuries. I notified my chain of command and they are trying to discharge me with a chapter 5-11 AR 635-200. That is a failure to adapt.? And I already have almost 360 days in the Army. That chapter is entry-level separation. Shouldn’t I chapter under chapter 8: pregnancy.? I will fight it with legal, but any advice please on the procedure and how I should go about it.?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/11/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Wait...are they chaptering for the stress fractures? OR for pregnancy?

For pregnancy.

THanks
I agree with you...if they are separating you for pregnancy, they should use the correct chapter. I suspect they will, once you point this out to them. Just make sure when you submit your written matters, you note that they are using the wrong chapter!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil