Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was in national guard for my term of 3 years. Stateside. I…

Customer Question
I was in national...

I was in national guard for my term of 3 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I took auto fueling course for 4mos 1954 in abase in ga expiration of term of service for 21 d in 1955

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/10/2017
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

What is your question?

How do I get an Id card. As I was in the national guard for my full term,
Which was in the early 50s

There is not presently a Veteran's ID card simply for having completed a term of service.

Veteran's ID's are reserved, at least presently, for those that have retired or that have service connected injuries that require them to have VA access.

Completing a national guard term of service is not a qualifier for a Veteran's ID card. There is a push in the law to allow all veterans some type of ID card, but those do not exist yet.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer