Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I just found out my husband cheated with someone else in the…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out my husband cheated with someone else in the navy and she is pregnant I dont know who I need to report this to

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I dont know who to talk to in the chain of command

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/10/2017
Military Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

In many instances adultery in the Navy is a Court martial Offense under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

To report it you can either send a report to your husband's Commanding Officer or the Judge Advocate General's Office on Base.

There may be serious implications for your husband (and the other Navy personnel) including a Dishonorable discharge.

See:

http://www.jag.navy.mil/contact.htm

Also see:

https://www.military.com/spouse/relationships/military-divorce/legal-separation-adultery-and-ucmj.html

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald