Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am trying to find out what military code JFX-1 means also…

Customer Question
Hello i am trying...

Hello i am trying to find out what military code JFX-1 means also looking for an attorney to fight the VA for overpayment collections

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Im a veteran

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/8/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

No one here can "represent you"...we can provide answers to questions. Did you have a specific question?

I need help with representation to fight the VA

I understand. I am a VSO (veterans services officer)...so I have experience with VA claims...did you have a specific question?

I am in collections with Debt management for 101,000 of DIC overpayment. I have proof of VA error. It’s a really long story and I have the VSO in Fresno from DAV in Oakland since yesterday with my file and they agree that VA is at fault. I just want The Va to stop taking money out of my disability pay and return the money they took from me for the past 6 years

THank you...I appreciate the dilemma. Do you have a specific question regarding this?

How Can I fight the VA and expedite the stop collections as well as returning my money!? Can u help? Should I stick with DAV?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

Hi...its been several minutes and I have not heard from you. I am happy to chat with you about this and sent the offer for a phone call. What you are describing, if the VA owes you money, there are steps you can take to force them to pay you. I have to step away for approx 1.5 hours but happy to chat when I return if you like.

Ok perfect! I will wait until u retun

Ok...I am back

are you still looking for help on this?