Military Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified military lawyer who will answer your question

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

More related answers
All military lawyers are VERIFIED
My mom applied A/A benefits in Feb/2010; while waiting
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My mom applied for VA A/A benefits in Feb/2010; while waiting for approval she sold her home in July/2010 and a couple days later gifted the net proceeds to her kids, as so many people do. Then she wa… read more
I was married to a WWII vet for 29 years. We married in 1980.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I was married to a WWII vet for 29 years. We married in 1980. We divorced in 2009 because of documentable abuse. At the time of his death he was receiving Aid And Attendance. He was diagnosed with Alz… read more
I am being named the federal fiduciary for my mother, surviving
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I am being named the federal fiduciary for my mother, surviving spouse of a veteran. She is 82 and unable to handle her financial affairs, has numerous chronic medical conditions that call for many tr… read more
My brother seerved in Vietnam and now has dementia and neurological
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
My brother seerved in Vietnam and now has dementia and neurological problems. The VA Doctor told his partner he can't qualify for benefits because this diagnosis is not covered under the Agent Orange … read more
My aunt has been married to Col., U.S.A.F. Retired for 32 years
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
My aunt has been married to Col., U.S.A.F. Retired for 32 years , he died on the 12 th . We have contacted Defense Finace and accounting service for US military retirement pay. They told us that there… read more
My dad just passed on May 4th he is a vet from 1972-1976....
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
My dad just passed on May 4th he is a vet from 1972-1976.... will my mother get any pension? My dad was Kim Deward Branstetter born oct.25 1953… read more
I am preparing an application for my mom who is a widow of
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I am preparing an application for my mom who is a widow of a veteran (my dad) He served in the army from Feb 1, 1949 until his honorable discharge August 1, 1965. My dad passed away in Jan. 7, 2003. M… read more
My mother has been receiving an "Aid and Attendance" award
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
My mother has been receiving an "Aid and Attendance" award as an an annuitant (widow) for the past 2and half years as she has progressive dementia (alzheimers) and lives in a group home on very limite… read more
My wifes father was in the war and he passed away in the late
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
My wifes father was in the war and he passed away in the late 50's or early 60's. We have been married over 40 years and he was deceased before that. His wife is 98 years old and has been living with … read more
This question is in regards XXXXX XXXXX My deceased dad was
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
This question is in regards XXXXX XXXXX: My deceased dad was in the Korean War a sgt in the Army before they were married. My mom is still living and never remarried. She now has Alzheimers and dement… read more
My mother-in-law is the widow of a career Navy member. She
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
My mother-in-law is the widow of a career Navy member. She is 84 and suffers from demetia. She is currently living with me and my husband but is rapidly reaching the point that she needs professional … read more
my mom is 92 years old when we put her in a resident home
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
my mom is 92 years old when we put her in a resident home they ask us if she had a va bentifit ?That is the first time we ever thought of this, her husband has been gone for 10 and 1/2 years, he was a… read more
My mother was married for 38 years to my father who retired
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
My mother was married for 38 years to my father who retired from the Army with over 20 years. We buried him today with full honors. Does she have benefits afforded her for the 38 years and have three … read more
for VA Aid and attendance benefits, i understand that you can
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
for VA Aid and attendance benefits, i understand that you can apply as long as you have under $80k in assets, excluding home and car, is that correct? what happens if you move from your house to a nur… read more
Good Morning, My father was killed in Korea and my mother
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Good Morning, My father was killed in Korea and my mother is now in need of long-term care. Are there any Veterans benfits that would cover or subsidize these costs? David Shenk XXX-XXX-XXXX… read more
How do I get the list of the requirements as a WWII veteran,
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
How do I get the list of the requirements as a WWII veteran, born in 1921, to consider applying for the supplemental benefits, living in a assisted living community, as provided under 2008 Veterans Fa… read more
Does/Will my Mom qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Benefit
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
Does/Will my Mom qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Benefit? She is the surviving spouse of a wartime veteran. She has been receiving the surviving spouse pension for over 20 years. She is 91 and liv… read more
My husband Brig Gen Mahlon E. Gates died October l7, 2008.
PhilCave
PhilCave, Attorney
My husband Brig Gen Mahlon E. Gates died October l7, 2008. Am I entitled to assistance under the Vets aid and Attendance Program? I am 87 years old and live in a retiremnt community, The TOWERS on Par… read more