Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Im married and me and my wife are both in the NAVY. im

Customer Question
Im married and me...

Im married and me and my wife are both in the NAVY. im stationed in Italy and she is stationed in FL. they didn't approve our co-location so im wondering can I get transferred from my current duty station closer to her because I am going through serious depression.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes they are trying to see what they can do, but I was wondering if I have a good chance on getting transferred or not?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/7/2017
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Actually, the Navy has modified their rules for co-location of married service members, so it is odd that you were denied. You should reapply for the reassignment based on marriage, as according to the Secretary of the Navy they have upgraded their computer systems for personnel assignments to allow for assignment of married service member couples to have co-assignments and also when transfer orders come out to have co-transfer orders.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.