Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am seperated from my husband with a pending Early return…

Customer Question
I am seperated from...

I am seperated from my husband with a pending Early return of dependents package being sent for approval. I am looking at my rights to revcieve housing as I am only getting child support

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

He is active duty AF, I am state side he is oveasea stationed at germany

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes his first sgt he is tracking package but that is all I have voiced concerns over and over since I left.. I have been able to provide support for self with my VA benefits from school but that is ending I am prior military and know as a spouse and mother of his child that i have some entitlements

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The child resides with me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
12/6/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean "rights to receive housing as I am only getting child support"...what does that mean?

Is there a court order for support? What does it provide??

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer