Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If I was married 18and a half years to my first husband, he…

Customer Question
If I was married...

If I was married 18and a half years to my first husband, he passed recently.I was told I may be entitled to something. I am currently married and separated. I just was checking.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I am stateside.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No, I feel like they may think wrong of me for asking. When my first husband and I divorced, I was told that I was entitled to 46% of his retirement, which I declined, He went to war, I didn't feel it was right.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just going through financial hardship, and crasping at straws.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean
I was told I may be entitled to something.

Entitled to what?

Phone call session started