Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Semper Fi Sir, Long story short, I got married when i was in…

Customer Question
Good Morning and Semper...

Good Morning and Semper Fi Sir,Long story short, I got married when i was in the Marine Corps back in Jan 2015 and it didn't last long but i'm still trying to divorce him. I never took his last name and we never had any property together. I had a MPO on him for domestic violence and had a case on it but ended up dropping it due to save his Marine Corps career. I filed for separation in May 2015 and in NC you have to be separated for a year. So I filed for a divorce in NC after the year May 2016, and he would never sign. Then moved back to Al, got a Attorney and she has sent the papers 3 times and still won't sign. All while this is going on he has dated multiple women, whom I've made friends with most due to him becoming violent with them. He got kicked out of a contracting job overseas with one of his exes due to choking her and pulling a knife out on her..He still won't sign our divorce papers and is now dating a young lady in the Air Force. By no means do i want her to get in trouble and i tried warning her about him Because i care about every woman that becomes in contact with him bc of how violent he's been with every woman since. I know of 5 women since that he has land his hands on..my question is, is could I email the young lady's chain of command in order to try to let them know that she may be at hands of someone dangerous and that she is dating someone that's married.. i do have proof but not of them sleeping together. i'm not trying to get her in trouble but she is aware of everything and being spiteful towards me. she had no idea he is still married and ive sent her proof that i have a attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/29/2017
Military Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. It probably is not a great idea to inform the woman's bosses that she is dating a dangerous man and he is married. This could interfere with her position at work and you could be found liable for doing that. You mention that you informed her already. It's better to not affect her employment because you could be sued for it.

I know this is not quite what you want to hear.

Do you have any further questions. If so, I am happy to assist you.

If you need further assistance just let me know. I understand this is a difficult situation for you.