Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My sister has died and i have been granted emergency leave,

Customer Question
My sister has died...

My sister has died and i have been granted emergency leave, i'm stationed in japan and dont have my passport hpw do i fly home and back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I'm in japan at the moment mut my boat is at sea i know people on the boat that never had a passport so i know travel is possible.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I'm not sure who to contact about this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really no.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/27/2017
Military Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: You'll want to contact a service that processes passports quickly in the event of emergency. Generally, it takes up to 3 months to get a passport processed. I'm including a link to a service that states they can handle the process for you in 24 hours: https://www.rushmypassport.com/new-passport.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&msclkid=ba8bca17e13e140a369a900b92eede89

I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Do you have any additional questions before this question is closed?