Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My father passed away this week and I would like to know if…

Customer Question
My father passed away...

My father passed away this week and I would like to know if there is any way to find what type of discharge he had from Vietnam. The events leading up to his discharge are a mystery that seem to have haunted him most of his adult life. Can you please point my siblings and I in the right direction. Thanks *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside,..Detroit, Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No, I truly know nothing about the military

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, and thanks for your help.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/25/2017
Military Lawyer: rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team replied 6 months ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You can contact the VA records center here

National Personnel Records Center*****br />St. Louis, Missouri 63138

Directions

(Printable version)

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) and the National Archives at St. Louis are located in suburban north St. Louis County, near the intersection of MO-367 and I-270.

1 ARCHIVES DRIVE
ST. LOUIS, MO 63138

From Lambert St. Louis International Airport:
Take I-70 East toward St. Louis, merge onto I-170 North (Exit 238B) on the left, merge onto I-270 East (Exit 10B), exit to Bellefontaine Road (Exit 32) and turn left, take the first left onto Dunn Road. The building will be on the right.

From the West:
Take I-270 North/East toward Chicago, exit to Bellefontaine Road (Exit 32) and turn left, take the first left (after the bridge) onto Dunn Road. The building will be on the right.

From the East
Take I-270 West toward St. Charles, exit to Bellefontaine Road (Exit 32) and stay straight to go onto Dunn Road. The building will be on the right.

From the North:
Take US-67/MO-367 South, merge onto I-270 East toward Chicago, exit to Bellefontaine Road (Exit 32) and turn left, take the first left (after the bridge) onto Dunn Road. The building will be on the right.

From the South:
Take I-270 North (which becomes I-270 East), exit to Bellefontaine Road (Exit 32) and turn left, take the first left onto Dunn Road. The building will be on the right.

The Guard at the gate will provide further information about parking and building entry. Our Research Rooms are located on the first floor.

Hours

Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
(Closed weekends and Federal holidays)

Contact Information

Telephone: (###) ###-####/strong>
Status Check: Online Status Update Request Form *
Fax: (###) ###-####/p>

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again so sorry for your loss.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.