Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was married for 33 years and now getting a divorce. My…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I was married for 33 years and now getting a divorce. My husband served 30 years in the military. What part of his retirement am i entitled to. He joined the military 3 years before we were married.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Statewide

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there anything I should be entitled to?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/18/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 9 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. This depends on MANY factors....are you and your soon to be ex in agreement on who gets what? OR are you going to "fight this out in court"

He thinks I am entitled to his retirement but not 50% instead he thinks I am entitled to 46 % because we got married 3 years after he joined the service.
Can I have number to or can you call me
What happened

Seems your payment failed

Customer service can address this